Traditionally used in Victorian homes, solid shutters are built with solid inserts instead of louvres. The beauty of solid shutters is not only their look but their simplicity. Solid shutters are increasing in popularity as more and more people are discovering the excellent benefits the window covering brings.
Here are the pros and cons of solid shutters to help you decide:
Pros of solid shutters:
- Near blackout solution, blocking out 99% sunlight
- Maximum privacy and outdoor noise blockage
- Extremely efficient at insulating the home
- Incredibly durable and easy to clean
- Increase the value of your home
- Available in different styles, materials and finishes
Cons of solid shutters:
- Less flexible than other solutions, they are either open or closed
- There are no louvres to adjust privacy or light
Solid shutters are incredibly popular in Victorian properties as homeowners look to restore their home’s period features. They are also incredibly popular in bedrooms where a blackout solution is required. A stylish yet traditional option, solid shutters come in a range of hardwood and finishes,
For more information or advice on made-to-measure solid shutters, contact Totally Shutters today on 0203 960 6963. We can talk through the different solid shutter options available, give you advice on the best window solution for you and book you in for a free no obligation in-house survey. All solid shutters from Totally Shutters come with a 5-year guarantee.